The TGA has recently launched a new Legislative Instrument provide FULL, complete and up-to-date details for ingredients that can be contained in listed medicines. The ‘Therapeutic Goods (Permissable Ingredients) Determination No.1’ has recently gone live, and can be accessed here: https://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2015L02094/Download
This list supersedes all previous listable ingredient lists and contains full and complete details on ingredients to be used in listed medicines, including:
• How ingredients can be used (e.g. actives vs. excipients)
• Method of use of ingredients (e.g. ingestible vs. topical)
• Specifies source of ingredient/method of manufacture
• Safety details that must be included on labels
• Limits of input as relevant to the material
For all involved in the development, formulation and/or regulatory compliance of listed medicines, this comprehensive tool now compiles the information you need!